Adding a dataentry configuration (remote file: FTP)
**Before you start: Adding a dataentry configuration will require an FTP server. If you do not have an FTP server, please contact your Kooomo account manager. If you are using your: **
From your Datatentry window (Catalogue>Dataentry) click to add a new Dataentry Configuration. You will find this in the top right corner. Enter your FTP/SFTP information on the form presented to you. Form instructions are below for each field:
- Select to configure for a single dataentry or configure for all dataentries by selecting 'Default Configuration for Merchant'. Configuring for single dataentries is typically used for automating image and price updates on an ongoing basis - separate to importing new products (default configuration).
- Select whether your remote file is FTP or SFTP.
- This refers to the host IP or the Web address of your FTP or SFTP.
- This field value is typically '21', unless documented otherwise
- This is your username to the FTP or SFTP.
- This is your password to the FTP or SFTP.
Remote folder for files:
- This refers to the name of the folder Kooomo will look for Dataentry files: for example, 'Product Import' or 'Products'. You can call this folder anything, once it matches the folder name with all Dataentry files within it.
Remote folder for images:
- This refers to the name of the folder Kooomo will look for images: for example, 'Images' or 'Product Images'. You can call this folder anything, once it matches the folder name with all product images within it.
Email to alert (separated by ';'):
- Entering an email address here will trigger an automatic email notification once the dataentry files have been parsed and added to your catalogue. You can add multiple email addresses here by separating each email address with a semi-colon. It is useful to add at least one email address into this field for notifications on errors and successfully created products.
Config Automatically Process:
- \*\*Parse the File Automatically:\*\*
- By selecting these options, files will begin parsing in a temporary table. You will then have to enter this temporary table in the specific dataentry to then create
Insert Temporary Data Automatically:
- By selecting these options, file will begin parsing and products will be added to your catalogue, provided there are no errors. If errors occur please follow the instructions within the specific dataentry to fix the issues. You will receive email notifications on errors, once you have your email in the field above